The Interact HRMS implementation and associated methodologies are guided by the “Less is More” philosophy and its four principles as explained below.

The “Less is More” Philosophy calls for making things simple and this applies to all facets of the project execution including planning, management, organization, documentation, communication, and other tools. The tools used in the implementation of the software need to be simple, flexible, and adaptable.

In support of the said “Less is More” philosophy, four guiding principles are used in the Interact Implementation Methodology:

Ease – The methodology and tools used in the implementation must be easy to learn, follow, and use.

Simplicity – In order for the implementation methodology to be easy to use, it must be kept simple.

80/20 Rule – The 80/20 rule calls for focusing on the 80% of the features that are supported by the application, and leaving the 20% requirements which are less important to be addressed at a later stage. In other words, do not let the 20% that are not there become the focus.

Focus – Focus is very important in managing the implementation of a large enterprise software such as Interact HRMS, thus once the plan is devised, we need to focus on achieving the milestones defines within the plan. We should not deviate from the implementation milestones, unless for good reason that adds value to the implementation timetable and the outcome of the implementation.

Implementation Methodology

As previously stated, the Interact Implementation Methodology is guided by the “Less is More” philosophy and the ease of use guiding principle. The methodology consists of five components as shown below.

Planning – The planning component is used to plan the project and consists of:

  •  Project Kickoff Meeting
    •  Project Stakeholders and Responsibilities
    •  Preliminary Project Plan
    •  Prerequisites
    •  Change Control

Definition – This component of the methodology is used to define and collect the data required for the implementation of the HRMS applications and consists of:

  • Foundation Definition
    •  Policies, Procedures, and Processes Definition
    •  Data Conversion and Migration
    •  Review and Update Plan
    •  Review and Acceptance

Implementation – This component consists of the setup of the software and includes:

  •  Prepare Implementation Environment
    •  Software Installation
    •  Foundation Setup
    •  Policies Setup
    •  Workflow Setup
    •  Review and Acceptance

Validation –  This component consists of the validation of the HRMS transaction and processes against the setup of the foundation and policies and consists of the following:

  • User Training
    •  Process/Transaction Cases
    •  Validate Processes
    •  Review and Acceptance

Deployment – This component of the methodology consists of planning and preparing the software for go live and includes:

  • Prepare Production Plan
    •  Prepare Production Environment
    •  Install Software
    •  Deploy Setup from Implementation
    •  Final Data Migration
    •  Production Support Procedures
    •  Review and Acceptance

Delivery – This component consists of the go live of the software applications and the production support and includes:

  •  Go Live
    • Post-Production Support

Note that each component of the methodology translates into a phase in the implementation of a set of related Interact HRMS applications. Thus the phases of the implementation of each set of related Interact HRMS Applications include:

Phase-1: Planning

Phase-2: Definition

Phase-3: Implementation

Phase-4: Validation

Phase-5: Deployment

Phase-6: Delivery